We are in a period of rapid growth for bitcoin, comparable to mass-adoption of the Internet in the 90’s. Like any new technology, mass-adoption of bitcoin presents serious policy and ethical questions. To unlock the full potential of this network while properly managing risks, policymakers need high quality information. BPI's experts study bitcoin's implications for the U.S., technology-driven globalization, and the future of finance to provide insights that help policymakers continue to position America as the global leader in technology and innovation.
The Bitcoin Policy Institute:
- Produces articles, videos, and infographics with key facts on bitcoin;
- Connects journalists with bitcoin experts;
- Conducts rigorous research on relevant topics to bitcoin such as its environmental impact and national security implications;
- Analyzes and assesses media coverage on bitcoin to find errors and correct mistakes;
- Fosters discourse, with diverse perspectives, across the ideological spectrum